San Antonio is a cool town, and feels just as much like Mexico as the US. It is the only place I have seen in the US where Mexicans and Americans seem truly integrated.
- The alamo.
- The missions, beautiful old churches in defensive compounds. Full of weddings!
- The riverwalk. The city has an amazing system of weirs, shutters, and underground overflow pipes to handle heavy rains and floods by shutting off sections of the riverwalk and diverting the river flow.
- First friday of the month arts festival. Mexican food and music along a strip of funky art galleries. Awesome block party kind of vibe.
- T-shirt: Picture of a gun with "Texas: we don't dial 911"
- The airport had rocking chairs. After sitting in one for a while I decided that they actually weren't that much fun. May be improved with shotgun and tabaccy.